Belichick watch

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay posted this in the hot seat thread, but this deserves its own thread.

Per NFL.com TV last night.

Monday Feb. 5th McDaniels and Indianapolis agreed to a contract including all financial packages.
Tuesday Feb. 6th - McDaniels goes into the office of NE to confirm he is leaving and to start packing. He is called into meetings with ownership and maybe HC and post those meetings - he immediately notified Indy he was not taking the job.

Speculation from all sources is this -
1) He has poisoned his chances of any other NFL job - you don't do this folks
2) He has probably been promised to be Bellicheck's replacement
3) Bellicheck is speculated to be retiring after this season

All of this is speculation, Nothing official has been confirmed by NE. However, most if not all that I have seen talking agrees there is no way he walks away from Indy unless he was promised something by NE, OR he has info on Luck that most don't know.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Now, stories are flying. Per some sources NE supposedly has not promised anything. Belichick is not retiring...THIS year(2018).

Still, it smells to me...

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, per a story on ESPN.com - The enticement offered to McDaniels to stay is to have more insight and say in roster, salary cap use and inner workings of NE. So while he has not been guaranteed to be Bill's replacement, you have to believe that is the expectation.

it better be, cause there won't be another NFL team touch McDaniels.

To be fair, they also stated that NE would lock him up long time, so he has contract stability, and his kids would have some stability in school as well, which was a big point for him.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Also I saw reporting that his agent has quit so apparently this blindsided the agent as well. If this doesn't work out the way he is expecting McDaniels could have just Kaepernicked his career!

Phicinfan

Administrator
Also I saw reporting that his agent has quit so apparently this blindsided the agent as well. If this doesn't work out the way he is expecting McDaniels could have just Kaepernicked his career!
Yeah the agent for McDaniels is also the agent for the GM in Indy. So he is a bit red faced over this, to be sure.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay what the heck is going on in N.E.?

First Gronk says he may be done, now he guarantees he won't make initial work outs
Now Brady is not going to early work outs
Amendola breaks ranks once he signs elsewhere and says Bellicheck is a great coach but also an @$$Hole.

Seriously things seem to be really shaking up in New England

ExperiencedRookie

Okay what the heck is going on in N.E.?

First Gronk says he may be done, now he guarantees he won't make initial work outs
Now Brady is not going to early work outs
Amendola breaks ranks once he signs elsewhere and says Bellicheck is a great coach but also an @$$Hole.

Seriously things seem to be really shaking up in New England

Phicinfan

Administrator
I am sitting here and watching ESPN inside the NFL segment, and them desperately trying to make a story of issues in New England. I just don't get it.