NFL Hot seat

Remote Controller

Mike McCoy's was pretty hot. lol!

The Pack needs to part ways with McCarthy. Filling his position with quality will be easy with Rodgers in place.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants could fire coach Ben McAdoo following Week 13 against the Raiders.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Time to start talking who is on the hot seat in the NFL....

We can go by record I guess:

San Francisco - 0-9 - Hot seat - cold - New HC and new GM stripped the team of high priced vets to rebuild. They have and will continue to rebuild through draft and key acquisitions. The key to me is the deal for Garoppolo. If that fails, could be pressure on Lynch at GM

Cleveland - 0-8 - Hot Seat - Very Warm - Gut tells me HC is okay - Hue has been killed by Team decisions - not going QB early, not getting trade done for McCarron - and losing top Wrs to injury and drug suspension. GM and such should really sweat, the trade mistake is HUGE and made them even more a laughing stock

NY Giants - 1-7 - Hot Seat - Very Warm - I think the HC is a goner, he has lost total control of the locker room, and he is starting to make mistakes in talking pts. I think the GM also may get booted as well, as they have missed quite a bit in draft.

Tampa Bay - 2-6 - Hot Seat - Warming up - Koetter was moved up due to his ability to help Winston, and build offense....and that simply is not happening. I think he may be on short leash, but has a 50/50 chance to survive.

there are multiple teams at 3-5 - Bears(safe), Chargers(safe), Broncos(safe), Texans(Warm) - He got saved by injury to Watson....as team was showing they could win with Watson.

However, there are two teams I think will have some change:

Indianapolis - 3-6 - Hot Seat - El Fuego -I think the HC is gone, he simply can't put a winning team on the field, and he is risking his best assets with that horrible O-line. GM is relatively new, so I think he is safe but HC is gone.

Cincinnati - 3-5 - Hot Seat - Smoking Hot - I think this is the last rodeo for Marvin, he has let this team fall apart and while overall the drafting has been solid, they really blew the O-line decisions. Team is a mess, and a change is long overdue.
Well lets see what we see....
Giants fired their HC and GM
Indianapolis fired HC
Detroit fired HC
Chicago fired HC
Oakland fired HC
Arizona HC has retired

Tampa Bay have retained their HC
Cleveland for now have retained their HC
Denver to retain Joseph for one more year.

Houston and Cincinnati are still pending

Phicinfan

Administrator
Will add, per multiple sites now Jon Gruden will coach Oakland next year.

efactor

Coming at you
Will add, per multiple sites now Jon Gruden will coach Oakland next year.

Interesting. Been gone a while. Will he have the same energy and enthusiasm 9 years and 40 pounds later?

Takes over a talented team and will have a top 10 pick. Good situation to succeed.

Phicinfan

Administrator
In the next step in "As the Stomach Churns" rumors are now flying that Marvin Lewis may get a 2 year extension with Cincinnati, and be given full control of roster and draft and FA. Cause that is how you reward 0-7 in playoffs and a 7-9 record this year. :rolleyes::confused:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update in bold
Indianapolis fired HC
Detroit fired HC
Chicago fired HC - extened GM for two years
Oakland fired HC
Arizona HC has retired

Houston and Cincinnati are still pending

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update in bold
Indianapolis fired HC
Detroit fired HC
Chicago fired HC - extened GM for two years
Oakland fired HC
Arizona HC has retired
Green Bay - extended HC one year, moved GM to advisor - looking for new GM

Houston - GM on year leave, looking for new GM, HC in stasis

Cincinnati are still pending

Phicinfan

Administrator
2 year deal not three - but yes, it is the ultimate definition of insanity.

cctekguy

Staff member
I like Marvin and given the demand for quality head coaches right now it makes sense to hang on to a "good" one rather than another team's trash or a newcomer.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update in bold
Giants fired their HC and GM - Hired GM Gettleman, looking at N.E. DC Matt Patricia or Schurmer OC of Minn as next head coach
Indianapolis fired HC - Lead candidate seems to be OC of N.E. Daniels
Detroit fired HC - last report had N.E. DC Patricia is going here
Chicago fired HC - extened GM for two years - Hired Nagy OC of KC as HC
Oakland fired HC - Hired Jon Gruden back for round 2
Arizona HC has retired - Number of names mentioned here
Green Bay - extended HC one year, moved GM to advisor - New GM is Gutekunst
Houston - GM on year leave, New GM in Houston is Brian Gaine, HC extended 4 years
Cincinnati are still pending - Retain Marvin Lewis as HC, Keep OC in Lazor but hired new DC in Teryl Austin
Tennesee - fired HC Mike Mularkey

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I know its not their 'way' but the brass at Pittsburg have got to start looking at Tomlin with a critical eye. Increasingly I see the team being unprepared for opponents that they should theoretically beat and there is an increase in the amount of 'foolishness' that is coming out of their locker room. There is not another team in the league with as much talent on offense and there is no reason why that defense should be having the struggles that they have in clutch situations.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports a group of the Steelers' limited partners want coach Mike Tomlin fired.

Tomlin has never had a losing season in 11 years with the Steelers while winning at least 10 games eight times, but that record has not prevented his name from popping up in rumors the last couple years. To be fair to the rabble-rousers, the Steelers have not been to the Super Bowl since 2010 and have made the Championship Game just once over that run, arguably an underachievement given the talent on the roster. Still, it remains unlikely Tomlin is shown the door, but perhaps the discontent will lead to changes to his staff. For what it is worth, Tomlin did not throw his support behind OC Todd Haley when given the chance during his season-ending press conference.

Source: Pro Football Talk

ExperiencedRookie

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports a group of the Steelers' limited partners want coach Mike Tomlin fired.

Tomlin has never had a losing season in 11 years with the Steelers while winning at least 10 games eight times, but that record has not prevented his name from popping up in rumors the last couple years. To be fair to the rabble-rousers, the Steelers have not been to the Super Bowl since 2010 and have made the Championship Game just once over that run, arguably an underachievement given the talent on the roster. Still, it remains unlikely Tomlin is shown the door, but perhaps the discontent will lead to changes to his staff. For what it is worth, Tomlin did not throw his support behind OC Todd Haley when given the chance during his season-ending press conference.

How could Haley be the problem? That offense never fails to score!

I strongly believe that if Shazier were healthy, they'd be in the AFC championship game.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac

NE having the #1 seed every year has alot to do with every AFC coach not winning in the playoffs

Phicinfan

Administrator
How could Haley be the problem? That offense never fails to score!

I strongly believe that if Shazier were healthy, they'd be in the AFC championship game.
I agree they do seem to score alot. I guess my questions are some of the play calling they do, they pass way too much, for the Rb they have, they don't ever run a Qb sneak when it gets close to goal line or some other situations.

But I also have heard that Haley has a tendency to grate of people, and this is his longest stay on one team yet. One or two sites had Big ben and Haley having issues, so net I don't see them renewing him.