Drafting From the 6 Spot

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I'll be drafting from the 6 spot in my local league and I've been kinda thrown for a loop with this Zeke suspension. Reason being that I just assumed that he'd go 3rd overall and I'd be left drafting either Julio or ODB. Now I feel certain Julio and ODB will go 4th and 5th overall and I'll be left to choose between the likes of McCoy, Green, Evans etc.

So... Who do you all like at that point? I'm leaning either McCoy or AJ Green right now. Both can be top 3 at their position if health cooperates. Anyone have a preference between these 2? Anyone you'd take over these 2?

Pretty standard scoring overall. With .5 PPR and some yardage bonuses if you hit 100+ yds rushing/receiving

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Courtesy of Rotoworld -

Mike Evans was a top-12 fantasy scorer in just one of the final eight weeks of last season.
He finished outside the top-40 receiver scorers in four of those eight weeks. At his 1.07 overall ADP, Evans is presently being drafted as if his extremely volume-driven first-half success should be the expectation, but Tampa Bay's defensive improvement, run-game commitment, and weapons upgrades in DeSean Jackson and O.J. Howard suggest Evans is likely to lose north of 25 targets off last year's career-high 173. You can read more about Evans' situation in Rich Hribar's "Winning, Losing and Plays" column at the link below. Jul 6 - 12:15 PM

This initially kinda turned me off of Evans at the 6 spot... guess I'll have to reconsider.

ExperiencedRookie

Courtesy of Rotoworld -

Mike Evans was a top-12 fantasy scorer in just one of the final eight weeks of last season.
He finished outside the top-40 receiver scorers in four of those eight weeks. At his 1.07 overall ADP, Evans is presently being drafted as if his extremely volume-driven first-half success should be the expectation, but Tampa Bay's defensive improvement, run-game commitment, and weapons upgrades in DeSean Jackson and O.J. Howard suggest Evans is likely to lose north of 25 targets off last year's career-high 173. You can read more about Evans' situation in Rich Hribar's "Winning, Losing and Plays" column at the link below. Jul 6 - 12:15 PM

This initially kinda turned me off of Evans at the 6 spot... guess I'll have to reconsider.
There's ways to spin a negative twist on any player..even the best at their position.

This WR Scored 5.5 or less points in 4 games last year. He also missed 2 more games to injury.

This WR also scored 50% of his points in 4 games.

Still want him?

His name is Julio Jones.

I wouldn't sweat the additions of DJ and Howard. Rookie TEs rarely ever show out, and if he's eating into anyone's work, it's likely Brate. DJ isn't a high volume player either. He'll eat a bit of Evans targets, but he probably hurts guys like Humphries and Brate way more.

I don't think that run game really scares anyone. I don't see TB as a running team by any means.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Well I'm drafting tomorrow.. y'all still like Evans over the likes of AJ, McCoy, Gordon, Freeman etc??? .5ppr

cctekguy

Staff member
Maybe I'm stoopid, but I don't see Evans going in the first round...let alone 6th overall.

Freeman and McCoy for sure over Evans.

Hell, I'd take Gronk over Evans.

Evans is a nice WR for sure but is he THAT much better than Hopkins or Baldwin or Cooks?

I know I'm old school but once the big 3 WR are off the board you have to go RB.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Maybe I'm stoopid, but I don't see Evans going in the first round...let alone 6th overall.

Evans is a nice WR for sure but is he THAT much better than Hopkins or Baldwin or Cooks?

I know I'm old school but once the big 3 WR are off the board you have to go RB.
Appreciate the input but he is that much better than Hopkins, Cooks or Baldwin imo... I can get Gronk in the 2nd no matter if I take Evans or whoever 1st. I am definitely considering going RB over Evans 1st though

KillerFins

Staff member

He was the #3 FF WR in Half PPR. He was better than 2/3 of the "Big Three"

In Half PPR leagues Evens scored 5 Points EVERY week,
scored 8 or more 12 weeks,
scored 13 or more 10 weeks,
scored 16 or more 7 weeks,
scored 24 or more 4 weeks.

And I think he can be even better this year. He has proven to be consistent as well as having massive upside.

2minutedrill

Just drafted from #6 spot in a full ppr that mud is in also. 2rb 2wr 1 te no flex, free league
McCoy
D.Bryant
T.Brady
J.Landry
M.Ingram (gets a little fuzzy after this but the rest)
Ertz
Bench
R.Kelly
T.west
C.Hogan
B.Perriman
W.Snead
C.Fleener
OK team I think, we'll see.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I shall not post my team from the 8 hole in that same draft. I do not want to cause readers to laugh hysterically at how bad one can draft.