Camp news....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Martavis Bryant has been cleared for all preseason activities.

Bryant can now practice and play in preseason games. He's not fully reinstated, but it puts him on track to be before Week 1.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Watkins caught four of five passes for 39 yards during Thursday's preseason opener against the Vikings.
Quarterback Tyrod Taylor looked Watkins' way early and often Thursday

Now we know why they had the fragile one targeted 5 times in the first preseason game.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yeah, teying to figure that ine out for Buffalo. Makes me think the foot may not be 100 percent.
I think Bufallo didn't think he was worth the big money they would have to spend next year to keep him. So dump him, and start over. Lets face it, Tyrod is okay, but he isn't great, this will be a run heavy dump off offense, and Matthews can do that

ExperiencedRookie

I think Bufallo didn't think he was worth the big money they would have to spend next year to keep him. So dump him, and start over. Lets face it, Tyrod is okay, but he isn't great, this will be a run heavy dump off offense, and Matthews can do that
Same difference. Jordan is on an expiring contract as well.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports Ryan Tannehill (ACL) will undergo knee surgery and be placed on injured reserve.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Mike Tomlin said Martavis Bryant will be a full participant in Sunday's practice.

"We're going to put our foot on the gas and proceed," Tomlin said. "He's physically ready." It is a great sign Bryant is ready for a full practice after being forced to sit out the early part of camp, and it sounds like he could see some action in the second preseason game. Already priced optimistically in the fourth round, Bryant's ADP could soar if he explodes in the preseason.

Source: ESPN

efactor

Coming at you
Watched the entire 49er game last night (I know, I know) just to see Williams and Brieda play (Beathard too).

Man, Williams is fast and gets to top speed quickly. I just grabbed him at 16.4 in A. He will see the field this year either through injury to Hyde or in a timeshare. Think Tevin Coleman but a better runner.

Brieda looks really good too. Small and compact and powerful. Surprised this guy wasn't drafted.

With SF in a rebuild and Hyde in the last year of his contract, I would not be overly shocked if Hyde is traded before the season starts. Probably won't happen but if the right offer is thrown out there, it could................

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Cam Newton QB | CAR
Panthers' Cam Newton: Throwing in team drills
by RotoWire Staff
(2 hrs ago) Newton (shoulder) threw passes in team drills for the first time in 14 days at Sunday's practice, ESPN.com's David Newton reports.
Limited to individual work and position drills the past two weeks, Newton took a step forward four days after the Panthers' preseason opener. It's still unclear if he'll see action during the exhibition schedule, but the Panthers are counting on his availability for Week 1 in San Francisco.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dolphins coach Adam Gase confirmed Jay Ajayi is no longer in the concussion protocol.

There was concern that Ajayi may have suffered a relapse of concussion symptoms after leaving Sunday's practice early but he was merely dehydrated.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Marqise Lee was carted off with an apparent right ankle injury at Sunday's practice.

He went down with a non-contact injury during 7-on-7 drills. Lee was carted off after having his right leg placed in an aircast. Heading into a contract year, the last thing Lee needs is a major injury. If Lee misses significant time, it would open up targets for both Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns.

Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Marqise Lee avoided a serious injury during Sunday's practice.

Lee had to be carted off with his right leg in an air-cast after suffering a non-contact injury during 7-on-7 drills. It is great news he avoided a serious issue, but it is possible he still misses some time. In more good news for the passing game, Allen Hurns was back on the practice field Sunday after sitting out the first preseason game.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Sterling Shepard (ankle) has resumed practicing fully at Giants camp.

Shepard rebounded quickly from his garden-variety ankle sprain, missing less than two weeks. "They cut me loose today, so I am back to doing what I do."