Post draft FA moves and team moves

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Decker Wr released from NYJ. Supposedly Baltimore will talk to him as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I guess my boy Perriman doesn't garner much faith from management.
By all reports he has shown well, but he simply can't stay healthy. I don't think Maclin or even Decker will be long term fixes. I am just surprised they have not drafted more Wrs earlier.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Detroit is making moves to fix OT position. OT Taylor Decker will be out for a while after shoulder surgery, so LOT is an open slot. They have been moving guys around, but evidently not happy. So they traded with Rams to get 1st round bust OT Greg Robionson, and also signed OT Cyrus Kouandjio formerly of Buffalo to see if they can help. Both have issues. Robinson as stated is a bust, and has been a bit of a turnstile at OT, and Kouandijio was just released by Buffalo after some off field incidents.

Still, not great for blind side for Detroit.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tennessee signs Erik Decker Wr formerly of NYJ. Like this move, Decker is a solid #2 Wr, and he will give Mariota even ore tools to work with.

With Decker, Davis, and assorted crew this offense looks great

ExperiencedRookie

Tennessee signs Erik Decker Wr formerly of NYJ. Like this move, Decker is a solid #2 Wr, and he will give Mariota even ore tools to work with.

With Decker, Davis, and assorted crew this offense looks great
What does this do to Davis' short term value? No question about it, Decker is a TD maker. Great red zone player.

Phicinfan

Administrator
What does this do to Davis' short term value? No question about it, Decker is a TD maker. Great red zone player.
Will have to be seen. Davis and or decker will be #1 and #2. you also have the other rookie, and Rishard Mathews in play. I wonder the effect of this move on Walker the TE.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Interesting tid bits out there...

Evidently Maclin had a groin tear last year, and that is why he missed 4 games and was not up to speed when he came back - no surgery was needed. He also was cut by voice mail.....which is pretty low IMO.
Rumors of a possible hold out in Carolina are starting about TE Greg Olsen, he has 2 years left on his current contract - but he is the 13th highest paid at his position and he was clearly one of the top TEs in the game. He says he wants to play 4-5 more years.
Per mutiple reports, Oakland is about ready to announce an extension with QB Carr for about $25 million a year, for 5 years. Still working out some details though.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Eagles have cut Wr Green-Beckham who they traded for last year. Not a huge surprise, as they acquired Wrs Torey Smith and Alshon Jeffries and by all reports Agholor has started to respond well in camps.