Packers Poised for Three Straight Lombardi's

xqj47alpha

Banned
not trying to put on the kibosh here, as if I had that kind of power.

But, more than likely the Packers will win it all this season.
maybe they do maybe they don't.
this thread is about if they do.

Will next years Packers be the greatest threat to achieving the impossible?

Who will stop them?

or is this inevitability why the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

xqj47alpha

Banned
guess it's a little too early for this.

even so, no team that has won two in a row has ever made it back to the next Super Bowl.

The Steelers, Niners, and Cowboys made it as far as the Conf Championships.
The Niners, imho coming the closest (a Roger Craig fumble).

However, to be fair, the Dolphins did lose the Super Bowl prior to winning two in a row.
and of course, the Packers won the final NFL Championship prior to what became known as the Super Bowl. so that could be three in a row, but it isn't.

gizzil

yeah you might wanna wait til a second actually happens before contemplating a third

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Funny how GB has been handed the trophy already and the playoffs hasn't even started. Its the playoffs and if you've been paying attention to the regular season then anything can happen and it usually does. Most the time there is an upset cindarella team in the mix that likes to ruin somebodies plans. Taking nothing away from GB, they are a very good team but that defense is there weakness. Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. And i think NO/NY has something to say before just handing GB the NFC title. And getting past NE/Baltimore/Steelers to win it all is no small task.

Looking at the NFC i would put NO as the team to beat. They have a better defense than GB and better offense than NY. Atlanta has to be at home to win anything so they are out. SF just doesn't have the offensive power to keep up with NO or GB. Detroit i think is my upset team. Not sure how they are going to play but they will be pumped, or should be. They have the offense to upset somebody but have the defense as of late that just isn't impressive.

NFC pick : NO. They seem to have peaked at the right time and look unstoppable. And the defense seems to make the right adjustments to shut the defenses down now.

AFC comes down to NE/PIT/Bal with Cincy looking threw the peep hole trying to catch somebody off guard. Houston would be a favorite to make some noise esp with that defense but with all that QB problems just don't see them getting past a NE or Baltimore, maybe a Pit team because of all the injuries they have. Cincy will make some noise i feel, may not win but definitly will give the opponent a beat down knowing they have been in a fight. (side note, wondering if the team that does beat Cincy has enough in the tank to play a fresh team next week). Denver? Not this year. Denver backed into the playoffs losing, i think 3 straight. The wins don't start now. Unless there is an upset i think this comes down to NE v Baltimore. And that is one tough matchup head to head. I'd like to see Baltimore win it but think Brady is clicking on all cylanders now and they have just enough defense to beat Baltimore.

AFC: NE

SB: NO v NE. Talk about a shoot out. Going to be a great and fun SB to watch. ODDS: i'd have to say even right now just because of the possiblity of injuries and what not between now and then.

Runnik's Hambones

I actually agree with Cerb here. I think NO is my pick for the NFC. They're playing the best all around football and their defense is a bit better than GBs. Not saying it's as good as it was a couple of years ago when they won the SB, but GB's is god-awful. Plus if it comes down to it, I'm not sure that GB could pull off two wins against NO.

In the AFC, NE will have some trouble with the Ravens. They just match up well against the Pats.

NO v NE would be fantastic.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I actually agree with Cerb here. I think NO is my pick for the NFC. They're playing the best all around football and their defense is a bit better than GBs. Not saying it's as good as it was a couple of years ago when they won the SB, but GB's is god-awful. Plus if it comes down to it, I'm not sure that GB could pull off two wins against NO.

In the AFC, NE will have some trouble with the Ravens. They just match up well against the Pats.

LOL you said that like you didn't want to agree with me but with my shared wisdom it was just way to hard to argue how right i am. LOL

And i do agree with the NE v Ravens matchup. They matchup very well against the Pats. I could watch a NO v Ravens SB and would be happy. Just think NE v NO would be a much more entertaining game.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
LOL. If i could get some bikini pics of her then everybody would always agree with me. HMMMM.... bribery. LOL

gizzil

cerberus put into words what i didn't have a lot of time to before work... im in agreement on most things... I know it is VERY rare for a team to win three times against an opponent, but as beat up as pit is i think it's done here, in Baltimore. However, how juicy of a story for the boo yahs if through all big ben's injuries, the o line, mendenhall etc. the steelers came through... just a warning... i think we dodge that story though just cuz history also says superbowl losers wont go back and win. so maybe you got something wih the pats, they aint ben for a lil bit and im sure are itchy. ravens havent been for a while either. i do think NO and ravens but would not surprise me at all to see a couple other scenarios play out...

xqj47alpha

Banned
1. I am not handing anything to Green Bay and it's not my fault what the talking heads say.
2. As a 3 the Saints miss a bye, then must go to the muck that is The Stick and survive outside against the leagues number one defense.
3. Then they limp into Lambeau, to play outside, again.

4. If you remove your heart and the blinders, the Pack are just the obvious stallion in this years race

xqj47alpha

Banned
The Packers have yet to set foot on the 2011 playoff field so this may be premature.
However, the Saints argument is over
after a saints/ravens superbowl? i guess we could dig it up if you like... :cool:

Funny how GB has been handed the trophy already and the playoffs hasn't even started. Its the playoffs and if you've been paying attention to the regular season then anything can happen and it usually does. Most the time there is an upset cindarella team in the mix that likes to ruin somebodies plans. Taking nothing away from GB, they are a very good team but that defense is there weakness. Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. And i think NO/NY has something to say before just handing GB the NFC title. And getting past NE/Baltimore/Steelers to win it all is no small task.

Looking at the NFC i would put NO as the team to beat. They have a better defense than GB and better offense than NY. Atlanta has to be at home to win anything so they are out. SF just doesn't have the offensive power to keep up with NO or GB. Detroit i think is my upset team. Not sure how they are going to play but they will be pumped, or should be. They have the offense to upset somebody but have the defense as of late that just isn't impressive.

NFC pick : NO. They seem to have peaked at the right time and look unstoppable. And the defense seems to make the right adjustments to shut the defenses down now.
SB: NO v NE. Talk about a shoot out. Going to be a great and fun SB to watch. ODDS: i'd have to say even right now just because of the possiblity of injuries and what not between now and then.

xqj47alpha

Banned
if they win this week, AND next week, THEN we can start talking about number 2.
aww, man, I want to talk about how other people were wrong already.

with all of them 'if's' it sounds like you're saying the Giants are going to The City, or
Alex Smith will beat The Chico Kid in his own house.

really?

those scenarios sound more likely than Green Bay fetchin' number Five?

gizzil

more likely? by the numbers, yes, it IS more likely that the pats, 9ers, giants, ravens, or texans wins than the packers repeat.